Clanrye Surgery is committed to meeting the needs of our patients who have a hearing loss or are deaf.
We have achieved this by
- Staff attending hearing loss awareness training
- Improving the way that we communicate with you – helping you contact us in several ways including online
- Offering sign language interpreter if a face to face appointment is requested
- Making sure that when we meet with you that we look at you directly and speak clearly to help you understand what is being said
- Using technology that makes it easier for you when visiting the surgery
- Making sure that your records show that you have a hearing loss or are deaf and what your preferred method of communications are
- Recognising the impact that hearing loss can have on your mental health and letting you know where you can get support for this.